Aug 2nd, 2014
Author: Michael Marsh
Category: Guest Posts
Following is an article reprinted from Counter Current News, I hope you find it helpful:
People who consume soft drinks such as Coke have a 48% increase in heart attack and stroke risk, compared to people who did not drink sodas at all or drink them daily. A study published in the journal Respirology reveals that soft drink consumption is also associated with lung and breathing disorders including asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
The carbonation in Coke causes calcium loss in the bones through a 3-stage process:
- The carbonation irritates the stomach.
- The stomach “cures” the irritation the only way it knows how. It adds the only antacid at its disposal: calcium. It gets this from the blood.
- The blood, now low on calcium, replenishes its supply from the bones. If it did not do this, muscular and brain function would be severely impaired.
Another problem with most Coke is it also contain phosphoric acid (not the same as the carbonation, which is carbon dioxide mixed with the water). Phosphoric acid also causes a draw-down on the body’s store of calcium.
So Coke softens your bones (actually, makes them weak and brittle) in 3 ways:
- Carbonation reduces the calcium in the bones.
- Phosphoric acid reduces the calcium in the bones.
- The beverage replaces a calcium-containing alternative, such as milk or water. Milk and water are not excellent calcium sources, but they are sources.
Esophageal cancer was very rare two generations ago — now, it’s common. The basic mechanism works as follows:
- Mechanical damage to cells is a huge risk factor for cancer. It’s why asbestos particles, for example, cause lung cancer.
- All soft drinks cause acid reflux (stomach acid rising up past the esophageal valve). This is more pronounced when the body is horizontal (as in sleeping), but the sheer volume of Coke and soft drinks consumed in the USA means the acid reflux is well past the danger point. Any time you ingest a gassy drink, you are going to get belching–and acid into the esophagus. How much is too much? The research doesn’t say where the limit is–it only shows that most of us are far, far, far past it.
- Stomach acid dissolves tissue — that’s its purpose. The stomach lining does not extend into the esophagus, so the lower esophagus gets damaged by acid far more frequently in soft drink users than in non soft drink users. This results in a radical increase in cell mutations, along with a far higher level of free radicals.To prove Coke does not belong in the human body, here are 20 practical ways you can use Coke as a domestic cleaner:
Coke acts as an acidic cleaner. The amount of acid in soda is enough to wear away at the enamel of your teeth, making them more susceptible to decay. In tests done on the acidity levels of soda, certain ones were found to have PH levels as low as 2.5. To put that into perspective, consider that battery acid has a pH of 1 and pure water has a pH of 7.
- Removes grease stains from clothing and fabric
- Removes rust; methods include using fabric dipped in Coke, a sponge or even aluminum foil. Also loosens rusty bolts
- Removes blood stains from clothing and fabric.
- Cleans oil stains from a garage floor; let the stain soak, hose off.
- Kills slugs and snails; the acids kills them.
- Cleans burnt pans; let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse.
- Descales a kettle (same method as with burnt pans)
- Cleans car battery terminals by pouring a small amount of Coke over each one.
- Cleans your engine; Coke distributors have been using this technique for decades.
- Makes pennies shine; soaking old pennies in Coke will remove the tarnish.
- Cleans tile grout; pour onto kitchen floor, leave for a few minutes, wipe up.
- Dissolves a tooth; Use a sealed container…takes a while but it does work.
- Removes gum from hair; dip into a small bowl of Coke, leave a few minutes. Gum will wipe off.
- Removes stains from vitreous china.
- Got a dirty pool? Adding two 2-liter bottles of Coke clears up rust.
- You can remove (or fade) dye from hair by pouring diet Coke over it.
- Remove marker stains from carpet. Applying Coke, scrubbing and then clean with soapy water will remove marker stains.
- Cleans a toilet; pour around bowl, leave for a while, flush clean.
- Coke and aluminum foil will bring Chrome to a high shine.
- Strips paint off metal furniture. Soak a towel in Coke and lay it on the paint surface.
Now can you imagine what is does to your stomach lining?
What’s my take on all this?
While I don’t doubt the accuracy of the article, it’s clear the author has an anti-coke agenda. One issue I wish they would have touched on, is the addictive nature of soda.
It took me three solid months to give up Pepsi – and it was tough. Several years ago I was consulting with someone that told me it took him two years to kick his Diet Coke “addiction.”
The bottom line is, you could write an article like this about almost any processed food or drink – and have a long list of reasons why you wouldn’t want it in your body.
Knowing what soda [or any unhealthy product] does to your body isn’t the issue.
The issue is seeing what you’re beholden to that’s unhealthy – regardless of how much you like it – and removing it. And not just so you can be healthier, but because when you’re the one in control of your health choices…
You just don’t live a healthier, more free, abundant life – you’ve done something very few people have the courage and determination to do any more:
You’ve taken control over the powerful and relentlessly exploited emotions that determine how your body is treated – and when you can do that – you can do anything else you set your mind to.
That’s how a new body, gives you a new life.
Long time readers already know this, and many have used the New Body New Life Program to “free” themselves and change their lives on multiple levels.
If you’re new to the community, I realize this is not what you’re used to hearing from the “mainstream” so it can be a little difficult to “get” at first.
Now ask yourself how well mainstream advice is working for everyone that’s struggling here.
Once you’re ready to think outside the box, are prepared to do what works, and know deep down it’s time to finally succeed at getting a “new” body, I encourage you to learn more about the New Body New Life Program here.
To your health, success, and freedom – and may God bless,
We post life changing tips everyday on Facebook.
Give us a like and become a health truth seeker!
If this article interests you, get more just like it with a FREE subscription to New Body New Life News. You'll also receive a complimentary copy of the life changing book; AWAKE & ALIVE!
Enter Your Email Below And Get
Secure & Confidential
Your email address will never be shared. rented, or sold.